Wednesday, February 27, 2008


What a week I have had!! I have felt so blessed during this trip and it is clear to be that God’s timing is so perfect! In the 2 and a half years that I have been living in Zimbabwe, I have never been able to return to the States for this long of a visit. Although I am aching to return, I see that it was good for me to be here. My passion for the work we are doing hasn’t dulled a bit, if anything being here and getting to talk about it so much has fanned the flame!


Last week, my friend Jesika and I went to Disneyland. We did this princess faire thing where you get to hang out with the princesses and dance and curtsy and it was so much fun! This is right up my alley, it is also the kind of thing that makes Jesika miserable! I love how God makes His women in so many different ways. Jesika would much rather be on a pirate ship with Johnny Depp than at a royal party with Prince Charming…the good thing is we never fight about boys!

Although I enjoyed being a princess at Disney, I think my favorite experience of the whole day was climbing into the landy at Indiana Jones and driving through an intense adventure! We were so excited that we were sitting in the front (and I was even in the driver’s seat!) The ride was bumpy and I screamed a lot, and if I squinted a little bit, I could pretend that Jesika and I were back in Zim (She’s been twice) and driving through the bush.

All day, everything that we did brought a comment from one of us, “The boys would love
this, wouldn’t they?” Zimbabwe is in my heart no matter where I go, I don’t understand it, I never asked for it, but as He does, God gave me the deepest desire of my heart.
As my time here comes to an end and the adventure there begins again, I can’t help but see all of the things to be grateful for!!

After Disney things got even better! I had the opportunity to speak at a church, Harbor Light Christian Fellowship, this weekend. I was blessed immensely by this service. Ushered into the Holy of Holies by the worship team, I was emptied and refilled. It was one of those experiences where after worship I knew that I had been so ministered to that I could have gone home right then! I was honored to be able to share with them and to meet their congregation. Pastor Chip has become a friend of mine and I was so blessed to be with them this weekend!

After Church on Sunday, Mary Hansen hosted a tea party to benefit Refuge and it was a huge success, everyone had a great time and I think we all felt like princesses at the beautiful tables! Thank you Mary, you are a great friend and I am so very blessed to have you in my life!

No comments: