Sunday, February 10, 2008

Victories and more

When I went to Michigan, I had it in my heart to change my relationship with my dad. I hoped that in doing so my dad's heart would change and his life would be different.

I battled the enemy, my flesh and the habit of treating my dad badly for a whole week... It was not easy. There were moments when I was sure that I had blown it. There were moments when I was carried through by you, the people who were praying for us...

But I saw victory.

When I left Michigan things were different, my heart was different, my thoughts were different and most importantly to me, my actions were different.

I hoped that my dad's life would be different, but what I know is that my life is different, I am different!

The last time I went home, I got on the airplane carrying a burden regarding the way I treated my dad. This time I got on the plane feeling free, knowing that the burdens had been lifted.

The most important thing that I learned, is how to operate in the spirit, and not in my flesh. I think that this week has taught me more about how weak I am, than any other time in my life. It became so clear, so obvious:

Everything I said to my dad from my own strength was mean, hurtful and ugly.
Everything I said to him relying on the strength of the Lord was loving and kind.

As I return back to California I feel so blessed and so free. I cannot even explain how much this experience has changed me because I am not sure that I understand it yet. I do know that God is smiling, and that obedience most important.

I get the sense that this act of obedience has lead to a major breakthrough in the spiritual realm and that God is leading me into a new place. There is no doubt that I am different, more prepared for whatever this next place is. Every battle teaches and prepares us for more. I am learning to override my feelings in faith that in doing what God asks and commands I will have a life better than I would have found on my own.

Thank you for you support, encouragment and prayer. There are so many wild stories about how I felt the power of prayer, but for now I will just say that it made the difference. We do not go into battle on our own. When we do it is a mess. You all were fighting right along side of me. You are a part of this victory and all of the glory is given to God, the creator of our warrior hearts!

Gigi
A victorious warrior princess

No comments: