Thursday, February 28, 2008

Maybe because yesterday was hot and sunny (my favorite kind of day) or maybe because I am excited that a little bit of Africa is coming to me tomorrow (Pastor Chris and Pastor Farai arrive) but I spent all day laughing yesterday.

As I hurried around running errands that were more difficult that I thought they would be (how hard can it be to find red leggings) I was having the best time. I was able to collect almost everything we need for the baskets for the pastors, I am just need the gift cards and it is going to be so much fun putting those together tonight!

Julie and I hung out last night.... buying lots of things that were not red leggings, and laughed so hard that my cheecks and stomach hurt! People ask me what I miss about Zimbabwe right now and the list is long... but when Zimbabweans ask me what I miss about the States, i don't know how to describe to them the kind of day that I had yesterday. A day when I have a lot to get done, but if it doesn't get done no damage is done. A day where I drive around in a car singing to the radio that is too loud. A day that I sit around with a woman and giggle like Bridget, the 8 year old who lives next door.

When I am in Zim, I miss sushi and I miss giggling. Maybe that is why my best girlfriend is 8. She still giggles. In both the places that I live, I miss the people. I think I have learned that the other stuff doesn't matter. When I am there I miss you, when I am here I miss them. But I have a lot to laugh about and you better believe that Jules and I will giggle when I find those red leggings!

1 comment:

david santos said...

Thanks for your posring and have a good day.