Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day Proposals

When I woke up, Mary informed me that today is a very special day, leap day. She said that on leap day I can propose to a man... I am not sure if she told me this to encourage the action or not, but I googled it and wikipedia says she is right....

"There is a tradition that women may make a proposal of marriage to men only in leap years, further restricted in some cases to only February 29. There is a tradition that in 1288 the Scottish parliament under Queen Margaret legislated that any woman could propose in Leap Year; few parliament records of that time exist, and none concern February 29.[1] Another component of this tradition was that if the man rejects the proposal, he should soften the blow by providing a kiss, one pound currency, and a pair of gloves (some later sources say a silk gown). There were similar notions in France and Switzerland."
I am not sure if there is a hint being dropped, I know that she wants all of us girls, including her daughter and myself to marry amazing men, as soon as possible... but I am not sure where to go with this leap day thing!

Although I am not sure that I will propose to someone today (unless I bump into Ryan Seacrest),I am excited that today is Friday! Pastor Chris and Pastor Farai are on an airplane right now, on their way to LAX and I cannot wait to have a little bit of home in Huntington Beach.
I have been feeling a little out of sorts the past couple of days, nothing bad. I am definately still noticing the amazing difference that I felt when I returned from Michigan last month, however I do feel in the deep part of my soul, that I am aching for Zim. I am aching for the hot sun and the red sand, I am aching for Ndebele and Shona and chamolia and sadza.


I am aching to wake up and see this, out of my window!

But today I get my pastors. The 2 men that have over the past two and a half years have raised me up, set me straight and loved me into the woman I am today. All the glory goes to God, but it is important to know that these men have worked hard!!


I hope that while they are here, you get to meet them. Tonight they will be here:

MC Originals Studio Show February 29th, 2008 - 6Pm to 12 Midnight
MC Originals Studio
1930 Placentia, Unit A-2
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
949.735.8391
(if you puchase art, mention ROCK and a portion of the sale will be donated!)


Monday we will host an event from 7-9 at Mariners, I really hope you can be there for that, view the invite here:
www.rockofafrica.org/jambezi

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi Regina! Just wanted to let you know that Amanda had Hailey Marie on Leap day! Everyone is doing well. I will send you a picture. I love and miss you!
Aunt Laura