Monday, February 11, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over

Last weekend I was at my cousin Noah's 6th birthday party. I was laughing inside as I had a total 'Bridget Jones' moment.

There was an odd number of kids there so I had to partner with a little girl in some of the games... me and 15 six year olds running around a gym with out clothes on backwards and a hula hoop around us! :-)

As we finished the games we had to walk to a different part of the building to be entertained by a magician. The kids were in line using the buddy system. I was at the back of the line making sure all the kids got where they were supposed to be. Noah saw 2 of his friends talking to me and he dropped back to the end of the line.

He looked at the boys and said, "That is Gigi. She's my cousin. She is 28 and she's not married."
I don't know if he was trying to hook me up or if he was just wanting to make sure they knew me! But either way, I am glad that I am in a place where I am enjoying my singleness because i know that in that situtation some of my friends wouldn't have been laughing like I was!!

2 days later he was asking me when I was going to have a baby!! :-) I love that kid!

This weekend I had the most fun I have ever had as a Christian!! :-)

First of all, I have to say that since I got off the airplane I have had the honor of fighting in another battle, this time I am fighting on the behalf of my friend and my little sis! She is in a tough situation and just needs someone to show her that she is worth fighting for and to cheer her on! I am overwhelmed with gratitude that she selected me to be that person!

On top of that, I spent the weekend with my girlfriends and we had such a good time!!

Friday I got to spend time with Rita, and although I only met her recently, I love her already! She is quickly becoming one of my special favorites! My only complaint is that we didn't get to spend enough time together! After I left her I spent the night laughing until I cried with Lauren! I love that!
Saturday was the most fun ever!! A whole bunch of the girls: Jill, Anna, Shannon, Jules, Jesika and Lori took me to the Toby Mac and Jeremy Camp concert. I have to say that I love Jeremy Camp and Toby Mac, but I never thought I would have this much fun!

Before the show even started we were eating sushi (my fave) at the same restaurant as JEREMY CAMP!!! He was so great and even came over to take a picture with us! (That is me with him and Cody the songwriter) After that we were all smiles and we made our way to the ampitheater! From the time that Toby Mac went on stage until the time he finished his encore, I did not stop dancing for a second!! I shook my booty and praised God the whole time! It was so great!!

Toby Mac is so great and Diverse City is AMAZING! I have loved hip hop my whole life, and I wish I could on tour with them and listen every night! (Especially if it meant having to see that bass player frequently!!!)

On the way home we giggled so much! Sunday we woke up to a beautiful day and after church had lunch with all of our friends from the Crossing and then walked around the backbay getting some sun!

It was so fun to just be surrounded by my girlfriends! I know that eventually things change, we get married, we have babies and our friendships change. I don't think that they become less special, but we do spend less time together. I know that this will be one of those weekends that we will all look back on with a special fondness!
I am so blessed, I think that there are so many special things about being a single christian woman, but I think the gift of singleness is that I can get together with a group of girls and laugh until my stomach aches and my cheeks hurt ALL WEEKEND!

I also know that the joy i have felt all weekend is the direct result of my obedience regarding my relationship with my dad.

Obedience is best and tonight my cup runneth over.

(Jeremy with the best girls I know!!!)

No comments: