Sunday, October 26, 2008

This Girl

26 October, 2008

From my journal...

It is amazing to me how even in the light of my recent appointments at immigration and the fact that my TEP has been denied, my life hasn’t changed.

On Wednesday when I was told that my TEP was denied and that evening I worshiped God under the stars at St. Joseph’s. Thursday I took the dentist to Voice of Peace to finish his clinic with the kids. Today I had a lunch appointment to make plans for the future, I went to a rally at St. Josephs and met with the matron regarding our schedule to train the staff and to being our mental health assessments of the kids and begin our group counseling. Then I headed to Voice of Peace to teach a lesson on God’s love for each of us.

I imagine that there might be a girl that when told, “No”, as often as I have been told, would shrink back and go. I imagine her, but for some reason, I can’t be her. That girl might be embarrassed less frequently, than I have been, but I don’t think she would change the world. That girl, when her work permit was turned down, would go home and pack up, and spend the next 20 days saying good-bye to loved ones. But I am not that girl, this girl will spend the next 20 days doing what I have been doing… what I have been called her to do. As a matter of fact Monday, early in the morning I will hitchhike to Gweru to spend a day with a family of one of our boys, and then Tuesday hitchhike to Bulawayo to build a relationship with a new orphanage by beginning their assessments and staff trainings.

I will then come back in time for my meeting with the Principal Chief Immigration Officer on Nov. 3, for my appeal. I don’t know why I have to continue this battle with immigration, but I know who I am and I know that He has given me a task here. Whether I stay or go in 20 days, I will carry out my duties in a manner that will honor and bring glory to God.

4 comments:

jesika said...

I'm constantly blown away at the strength you carry in your heart. You are a warrior, through and through, my friend...a princess warrior for sure! I'm so proud of you!!! I will continue to pray that God will give you direction and the strength needed to push forward. He's got you covered. :)

cc26 said...

God called you to Zimbabwe because of all the NO's that come with living there and serving there. He called you there because you don't know what a NO is...all your NO's are YES. THAT's why you will change the world. I love being a witness to your life, friend. It's an honor.

Laura said...

I am also COMPLETELY blown away by the you and the Faith and strength that you carry. This is given to you by Him. He knows that you are the true warrior and that is why you are there! I praise God and you for all of the things that you have done there in Africa. Thank you for being you Gina and Keep up the strength. I have everyone I know praying for you here in Troy and around the area...

I love you Regina! Take care

Angel Kev said...

..I see a Queen, making her requests on behalf of her people, before a harsh ruler, destined for death. But she ..knowing her God within,stood firm in His strength ..victorious !!