Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm on my way...

So, I had one of the most difficult work weeks of my entire time in Zimbabwe this past week. I guess it should be expected as I understand spiritual warfare, but seriously... I am tired! I was supposed to leave Gweru on Saturday and get to Harare in time to sleep nicely and go to church on Sunday. I thought it would be nice to be rested up for my meeting with immigration....

Instead, keeping with "Regina" fashion, I ended up in Harare around 10pm on Sunday night! As I was sitting in a family counseling session LATE on Saturday night I felt my mind wander into "Oh, I really should be back in Harare by now" and immediately I stopped myself and refocused, trusting that God has a plan, and that He will sort out the details.

I will tell you though, I started to feel a LITTLE stressed Sunday afternoon at 4pm when I was doing a family session on the lawn of a gas station...with NO plan as to how I was going to get to Harare. Here is how it happened.

I finished with this new family (homeless, 2 kids ages 12 & 7 that have NEVER been to school for even 1 day, parents HIV positive, but without a home and healthy diet the effectiveness of the ARV's is decreased.) at 5:30pm, it was starting to get dusky and there were over a hundred people standing on the side of the road waiting for lifts in Gweru.

And then, a friend of mine drove by and saw me, he picked me up and drove me to KweKwe (the next town, about a 40 minute drive) thinking that there might be less people and a better chance of getting a lift. He knew that I was meeting with immigration this morning and how important it was, so in KweKwe when people said they had been waiting for lifts all day, he continued to drive. At one point we saw a little bus that was going to Harare, so he raced up to it, flagged it down, stopped it in the middle of the road, and got me a seat on a very overcrowded bus that got me to Harare at 10!

I was so relieved to be back home at the Williams' house, and Asher and I had so much to catch up on, that it was after midnight when I got to sleep. I had to be up at 5:30 this morning to get ready for my appointment.

I am ready. I am as ready as I will ever be. I am glad that I didn't have time to prepare, I am sure that I am walking in, allowing God to give me words. I do not have all of the letters that people recommended for me to take. My file already has over 50 letters from people, I will let those words continue to speak of my work here. I think I will go in and just be me. After all, it is not my skills, and others opinions that are going to keep me in Zimbabwe, everything I do is for an audience of one. This morning as I woke up, spent and tired after what was a very busy week, I know that my God is saying, "Well done."

If I ever have to leave Zimbabwe, I want to do it exhausted, dirty, with an empty wallet. I will leave everything I have here when I go... but today I am not going anywhere except to Laquenda House, where I will meet with a man who will see about giving me permission to be here. It is everything, and yet nothing at the same time... I got my permission to be here in November 2005, when I met some kids in Vic Falls and my eyes and ears were opened and I heard my call. God is so good!

Pray for me.

2 comments:

jesika said...

What happened? How did it go? I'm on pins and needles over here! :)

Angel Kev said...

God is Always in control, but are we always willing to let go & let God take control? Sometimes He sends people across our path,we need...but do we see them ..?