Friday, October 10, 2008

Inconveniences

It is amazing to me how the little inconveniences can just be too much to handle. I handle things like no food, no medicine, no power and no water.... but today I had to make a phone call to South Africa to book a plane ticket.

So, I had to leave my house at 6:30, walk through my neighborhood and into town.

Walk through town and go through the border post. I had to cross a bridge and go across the border into Zambia (a different country). Once into Zambia I had to get on a mini bus and drive to a place that has internet connection.

I then spent the next 8 hours trying to skype, email, and phone South Africa.

I am now sitting on the floor crying in front of my computer waiting for someone in America to call me in Zambia to CONFERENCE me into a phone call with South Africa.

That is like calling someone in London to conference you in to a call with Tijuana when you live in LA!!!

UGH!!!

I love Africa :-)

1 comment:

cc26 said...

just keep saying that to yourself - I love Africa. I love Africa...