Thursday, January 17, 2008

When did we grow up?

So I just got off the phone and am grinning from ear to ear!! My cell rang and it was a number, and area code that I didn't recognize. I answered and heard something like this: "Hello can I speak to Regina Jones?" Ugh, a telemarketer...really? "This is" Then he said, "This is Regina Jones? Really? This is Sean Ford." AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

No way, this is one of my dearest childhood friends!! We only got to talk for a little bit before his appointment showed up, but oh my goodness!! Such happiness!!

The only thing that keeps running through my head.... probably a million times over the past month, is this "When did WE grow up?" When did we become college graduates, wives, husbands, professionals, moms, dads, homeowners. leaders, ADULTS?

I cannot believe how things change, and even with all of the change how somethings stay the same. There are some people in our lives that no matter how long it is in between visits and conversations, you pick up right where you left off!! I am so thankful that I have so many of those people in my life, because with the way my life is right now, it is very often a LONG time in between visits!!

Today is a great day! We are having a volunteer meeting for ROCK of Africa this evening and and I am so excited to see the various people that love God and love Zimbabwe and want to help with this amazing ministry that God is molding and shaping before our eyes! If you are available tonight, please join us!

ROCK OF AFRICA VOLUNTEER MEETING!!
TODAY: Jan 17th
7-9pm
Christ Presbyterian Church
20112 Magnolia
Huntington Beach, CA

No comments: