Friday, January 25, 2008

Change

My life is changing again.

I am homeless. Well I guess I have already been homeless, but now I am more homeless than before.

What is weird is that I am really ok with this! The family that I have always live with while I am in the States is moving. This means I am moving. Don't worry, I already have a place to go. I am moving to another very special woman's house who, like Julie before her, has taken post as Mom.

What really hit me, is this:

Everything I own, everything that waited for me in the spare bedroom of Julie's house while I was in Zim (including my dog and his wardrobe) fits into a Honda Civic.

3 years ago my shoes would not have fit in that car.

I laughed as I realized that the car was almost full and the bedroom was empty. Then I thought, "If the rich, young ruler knew what I knew now, would his answer have been the same?" I doubt it.

I am not sure what this feeling is, I suppose it is liberation.

Today as homeless as I am, I feel like a winner!

1 comment:

Vicki Costa said...

My dear friend Regina, how I have missed you. I am so sorry I left church before you arrived, but I hope to see you this weekend.

It is funny to think that all of your belongings now fit in your car with room to spare. How I envy you. Less stuff to dust, clean, wash, fold, find a place to stuff in the dresser,etc. Here is the thing, all of the stuff never really belong to you anyway, so congratulations on your liberation.

Something for all us to remember is that we haven't grown up, we have different responsibilities now and our priorities are different, but we haven't grown up, we are and will always be CHILDREN OF GOD.

I miss you and can't wait to spend time with you getting caught up.

Call me.

I love you

Vicki