Monday, October 5, 2015

15 sleeps without Nyasha

Nyasha keeps our family calm.  When I freak out, he is stable. When I burn dinner, he makes a plan.  The best decision I ever made with my life was to marry this man.  I am not kidding, he's just so special.

Every morning when we wake up, Nyasha takes Vivi to the lounge to play- FOR AN HOUR!  An entire hour that I can do whatever I want.  Fellow mommies are you hearing me??? I get an hour- first thing in the morning!

Now, I would be lying if I didn't say that more often than not I use that hour for beautiful, uninterrupted sleep! It is just my magical time.  If by some miracle, I am feeling well rested I use that time to read and pray and just be alone!

I love this time by myself and Nyasha and Vivienne love this time together.  (Ruth is generally still snoozing away.)  We are all better for it.

I am realizing that I am spoiled. 

Very early this morning, Nyasha left for South Africa.  He is being trained for a new job that will require him to be away for FIFTEEN NIGHTS.  (Although I am feeling grateful because originally we were told it would be 24!!

Fifteen nights means sixteen mornings without my hour.  Pray for me people, please.

Her face when she woke up and realized he was gone...

No comments: