Saturday, June 7, 2008

We are safe...

Hi All,
I just wanted to let you know that I am safe. I am writing from Livingstone, Zambia where I will do some outreaches with Jimmy and Bethany (the new missionaries to Zambia) and Peter, who is here for a week or so.

I know that Zimbabwe is really in the headlines again, but I just wanted to let you all know that I am safe. I will be back in Zimbabwe in a couple of days, and I did not leave for fear of violence or of any threat to my safety. They are having a run-off for the elections and things are heated, there is violence and people are in a hieghtened state of emotion right now, BUT I want to ensure you that I have not felt any danger!

In fact, it is just the opposite, last night Peter spent the night at my house in Mkhosana, as he had just flew in and we were not crossing the border until today.
I cooked sadza and we ate dinner with Bheki and spent the evening playing cards with the kids in my neighborhood. Everything is as normal!

We stopped in Monde yesterday to see Mr Mpala and Mr Who and were happy to have us visit!!

I love and miss you!

Regina

1 comment:

cc26 said...

I figured all was well but, always good to hear it from the horses mouth (not that you are a horse...)