Sunday, June 22, 2008

Back in Harare…

I made it safely back to Harare Saturday afternoon. I left Vic Falls on the train Thursday night. Friday morning I was in Bulawayo for the day.

God is so faithful, I had an amazing meeting with an artist couple who will be doing some workshops with our kids in September. They are really talented and committed to seeing positive changes in Zimbabwe.

As I walked through town in Bulawayo I found myself in the middle of the one things I am told to avoid in Zimbabwe. Walking through town I noticed an increased police presence, but because I hadn’t received any notification from the embassy about any concerns, I went about my business.

As I walked down the street, a bus passed by full of kids shouting Zanu-PF slogans. As I kept walking the presidential motorcade drove by. Then I noticed a lot more police and soldiers and before I knew it I was surrounded by people wearing Zanu-PF t-shirts and stickers. I was directly in the middle of a RALLY!!

I didn't panic, I know that I am protected by the power of an amazing God. As I walked with the people in their t-shirts, I prayed for peace and quickly ducked into a shop.

I went about my day, got on the train and continued on to Harare. God is so good.

Please pray for Zimbabwe. Pray for Zimbabweans. Pray for peace. Pray for God's solution, which is not always easy to see or understand.

I love you all, I am safe.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Wow, that is crazy dude!!

He is really protecting you...