Monday, June 23, 2008

Immigration and such

Some times I wonder what I am doing in Zimbabwe...

I was supposed to go to immigration today. But reports are that it is not safe to go to town.... so I won't. I spoke with the man who is processing my work permit on the phone.

He sounded so happy to hear from me, that I really expected a miracle! (I know we are all praying for one).

What he said is, "You know that NGO's are suspended from working in this country."
I said, "Yes, sir. I have heard that, but you know I am expecting this permit miraculously."
He said, "Well, let me call downstairs."
"Are you still there?"
I said, "Yes, I am"
He said, "Well, they haven't closed your file. When the work can continue we will process your application and you will get a response."

Ugh, so no answer yet... but more time to keep praying!

I am still here, and we are still waiting for miracles. Your prayers are making a difference, as bad as it is, it is better than it could be.

Please keep praying for peace. The kind of peace that comes from God... the kind that doesn't make sense to our minds. The kind I have right now :-)

Gi

P.S. Taps and I sat at the piano today and praised God with all our hearts. That is what we do. We acknowledge who HE is and what HE can do, and we trust in that while we wait and see.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I wanna play piano with Taps!!! You have such a rad life. What a mighty thrilling on the edge of your seat adventure. I just know your work permit is on its way. God is so good and so faithful.

love