Saturday, March 29, 2008

The polls are closed

The polls are closed now,

but still we join together with others from around the world that are praying for peace. We have prayed for peace all day, and I know that our God is faithful and that He has heard our prayer.

I have not felt settled all day. I cannot explain it. Maybe it is because i am out of place. I am in Zambia, across the river from my beloved Zimbabwe. I am not sure. I have tried to carry on with my day, to go to a braii at DLMPC this afternoon. I couldn't do it. I found myself making an excuse to get back to zigzag to my computer, to BBC and to prayer. It didn't feel right...just being normal.

So I rejoined the many people around the world praying for peace... Somehow praying for peace seemed appropriate, and yet now as the polls close I know that I was limiting my sovereign Lord. I know that I am not just called to pray for peace in Zimbabwe, for that is not enough. Zimbabwe, God's children in Zimbabwe, deserve freedom and peace...

So tonight, as the polls close, that is my prayer. That God redeems his children and that we awake to find a Zimbabwe that I have never known.

1 comment:

cc26 said...

Praying for you all, always.