Friday, March 21, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane.....

Well actually, I already left!

I am currently sitting in the airport in Johannesburg, South Africa. It is 9:42 am in California and 6:42pm in my part of the world.

My travel seemed difficult this time, I had trouble getting all the luggage checked and left my power cord for my computer at home... they even made me leave my guitar behind (what kind of rockstar chooses the bag with the printer/copier/scanner over the guitar---ugh!!!).

I didn't sleep very well on my flights either, but I did meet some great people. It seemed like our flights were full of Christians and we had some great conversations and of course I watched a lot of movies!!!

I was filled with joy and gratitude and the sun was rising this morning as we were taking off from Dakar to Joburg. I realized that I was witnessing my first African sunrise of 2008 and was overwhelmed with the thought that I am on my way home.

All of the busy-ness of the trip is over and it is time for reality to sink it. I miss you all, already my heart aches to call Jesika and demand for her to leave her house, or for Jules to come drive me somewhere so that we can spend time together, or for Christie to take me to yogurtland. I miss sweet phone calls from Lori calling just to tell me that she loves me. This morning a not so loving flight attendant offered me tea instead of Mary offering me my morning hot chocolate with more love than whip cream.

Leaving you all is the hardest part of what I do.

But tonight I will spend time with my joburg friends and tomorrow I will be greeted at the airport by some of the people that make what I do in Zimbabwe possible, and at the very least, a lot more fun. I will probably hop over and hub my kids, Bothwell and Munya are waiting and I can't imagine 5 more seconds without telling them how empty my life is without them.

The passage that keeps coming to mind is from the message...
Psalm 34:18- 20

"If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there; if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath.

Disciples so often get into trouble; still, God is there every time.

He's your bodyguard, shielding every bone; not even a finger gets broken."

Those of you that know me, know that God has proven this to be true over and over again. I feel his loving protection all around me, when I am in trouble (frequently, I know) He is ALWAYS there and most of all when I am heart broken (like I am a little right now), I find Him right there. I love that!

Please keep in touch...

Gigi
Warrior Princess

No comments: