Saturday, August 11, 2018

In the name of friendship

I have a dear friend who wants to start blogging. She is special to me and in cheering her on to get started I agreed to post daily for the next 30 days while she gets started by doing the same. I have been so inconsistent in posting here, but when I process through writing often, I feel better. This has been a busy season. In two months we have moved TWICE (out and back into our home that was renovated,) hosted two different visitors from the States and now (mid move) are packing to head out of the country for work! If ever I have needed to process my thoughts it is now, when I don't even feel as if I have time to breathe! 

So here goes.

One of the greatest gifts from being displaced over the past two months has been Vivi's friendships with the girls on the property of our temporary home. 4 year old Sharon has been at our home almost as much as Vivienne herself! Viv has had to learn how to be a good friend, a good host, how to share her toys well. Hospitality does not come naturally to us all. It truly is a spiritual gift!

This is our last weekend in our temporary home. Much of our stuff has been moved back over to our old home. So tonight, we allowed Vivi to have Sharon over for a sleepover. These sweet girls were so excited! Viv cheered about every detail: will sharon eat dinner here? YAY! Will Sharon take a bath here? Oh thank you mommy. Will Sharon sleep in my bed with me? Oh this is so exciting!

And then. Bedtime came. Vivi was tired (and a little grouchy) and didn't want to share her space, so as Sharon snored away Vivi asked if Sharon could just go home.  Friendship can be hard like that! But eventually they both snored away and woke up so thrilled to have had a sleepover so they giggled while they are pancakes, played dollies and watched cartoons.  Friendship is hard work and can require us to lay down our on needs, but it is worth it for sure.

So my dear friend, here I go. 30 very busy days of blogging in an effort to cheer you on and welcome you to your own little corner of the interwebs! You are gonna love it here. Most of the time! 



No comments: