Monday, July 16, 2018

Happy Birthday to me!

Friends,

Today is my 39th birthday!

To celebrate, our family has decided to return to Livingstone, Zambia for a Child Trauma Training and Healing Play Camp at Pastor Chris Makandawire's church.

If you have been following my journey all these years, this is the man and the church that acclimated me to life in Southern Africa 12 years ago! Chris, (The Rev as I have always called him,) is the man who listened to me complain, cry and process for YEARS as I adapted to a much longer than anticipated cross cultural life in Zimbabwe. He is also the one to shake a very nervous Nyasha's hand and say "What are your intentions for this girl?" While his wife Rhoda and I eavesdropped from the kitchen! 🤣😍😅

His family became my family. They sacrificed, made space for me and nursed me to health when I got terribly ill.  I've been blessed to have several families adopt me while I've lived here and I'm so grateful to be able to give back to this church and community in August.

In 5 weeks, 25 adults from his church, school and community will be trained and 50 children will attend camp.

For my birthday, I am going to try to get 39 of the 50 kiddos sponsored! Each child sponsorship is $50 and you will receive a gorgeous handcrafted gift for your generous contribution which can be made here!


Thanks for celebrating with me and for loving my people as much as I do!

No comments: