Sunday, August 12, 2018

Unexpected Miracles


For about 10 years I have been asking for something that I really wanted for someone I loved. It wasn’t even really something for me, it was for someone else. I was told by official after official that it wasn’t going to happen. Not then and probably not ever.

But I continued to pray and I continued to ask. I continued to be told, “No.” In my heart I felt God say “This isn’t a no, just a not now.” I couldn’t understand why something so good wouldn’t come right now.  I still don’t understand. But this week, we asked for something MUCH smaller than the original and repeated ask. Terrified that if we asked for what we really wanted we would walk away with nothing. So we went small, feeling so afraid. The man behind the dreaded counter said, “Wouldn’t you just rather have the whole thing?” Shocked, Nyasha messaged me to confirm that we indeed wanted the whole thing.

I have been weepy with gratitude ever since. I don’t know how. I don’t know why. I do not understand the delays or why it has come now. I do not have a neat package to put this in or a bow to tie around it. Our life isn’t like that, our lessons haven’t been tidy. They have been messy but messy doesn’t mean wrong. Life is just messy sometimes. Often. Waiting is hard. Today is sweet.  

No comments: