Thursday, April 28, 2011

Last words...

"Beloved, God has never failed to act but in goodness and love. When all means fail—his love prevails. Hold fast to your faith. Stand fast in his Word. There is no other hope in this world."

This was the last sentence of the last blog posting that David Wilkerson would ever write.

This is a man who has influenced and inspired so many people around the world.  He was brave and strong and fought the good fight and because of that, the world is a better place.


I love that the last thing he would ever write to us is so timely.  Even in death, our God never acts out of a place other than goodness and love.  He can't, it's just who He is.  I love that even from heaven tonight Pastor David speaks to us and tells us to grab hold of faith and the Word... the only hope for the world.


Again I am reminded of the question on my heart, "Who do I want to be in this story".  Tonight my heart also asks, "What does my life speak to the world?" 


May his family find comfort in this painful time and prayers go out for his wife who is in critical condition tonight.

No comments: