Monday, June 7, 2010

Joyce Meyer

This was a HUGE weekend for the nation of Zimbabwe.

Joyce Meyer brought an amazing lineup of pastors to share with us and they even braced the very difficult subject of RACE RELATIONS!!!! I was so excited! I think that this is going to be one of the moments that we look back on years from now with a united, integrated church and say, 'WOW! That's where it started!'  I feel so blessed to be a part of this weekend!

Darlene Zschech and Hillsong were here for worship and it was AMAZING.  I can honestly say that at this point in time, the only thing better than Hillsong worship in Sydney... is Hillsong worship in Harare! They had an amazing time, the church had an amazing time and I know that God must have REALLY enjoyed it as well!


My all time favorite moment of the whole weekend...well actually there are two, are:
1.  After one of the day sessions, going to a prison with Joyce Meyer Ministries and Hillsong and hearing Joyce minister to the inmates.  Darlene at one point got up and sang Amazing Grace ACAPELLA and even as I type this I am getting goose bumps.  It was the most amazing thing, standing behind her staring into the faces of some of the most forgotten men in Zimbabwe as her voice ministered to them.  I think that years from now I will still remember that experience.  As one of only 3 people invited to come that weren't a part of their team, I know that this experience was a gift from God.

2. Taps on stage singing his song, 'Africa' for 100,000 people in an open field as Hillsong stood in the wings of the stage.  Even though less than 10 people had heard the song before, everyone joined in singing, "Africa, Africa" and I watched as one of the guys from Hillsong said to the head of Joyce Meyer Minstries, "You mean WE have to go on after THAT?" Again, 20 years from now when I am bragging about Taps  after he wins yet another Grammy, I will still be telling the story of this weekend!

No comments: