Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hope for Zimbabwe

*Five million people - almost half population - need food aid

*Hyperinflation

*Unemployment of 90%

*About 3,400 people killed in cholera outbreak

This is how the BBC described the State of Zimbabwe today, in an article talking about the swearing in of our new Prime Minister.

That is hardly the whole story, but even if it were, it is missing anything that could point to hope or the truth. The hope is not found in Morgan Tsvangirai, and more than the hope for America is found in Obama!

The hope is found in Jesus, the Truth is Jesus. Is has manifested itself in a population of His people who are resilient. A people who are survivors, who are victors...some live and some die, but all are victorious!

Let's not forget to pray for this nation and for her people, but especially for her leaders. Today I pray that both of these men will allow God in, make space for our Lord to guide their thoughts, words and actions.

I long for the day when my feet touch Zimbabwean soil again, but today I trust that the cry of my heart makes a bigger difference than my presence ever could!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm also a social worker,i work for a non goverment organization that gaves rehabilitation services for children with disabilities here in the philippines. Actually it is my great dream volunteering in africa. I hope you can gave me ideas of on ways how to realize this deam of mine, thank you so munc and God bless.

cc26 said...

Amen.
Praying with you, sister.