Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I need your help!

OK so I kind of messed up and made plans that I was told we could pay for... but it turns out we cannot....

I will keep this brief as the details are not that important.

The outreach that is arriving here in about 24 hours is the November Thanksgiving outreach, this one is similar to the one that I first came on in 2005. Our focus is going into the rural areas and sharing a meal, while we share the love of Jesus and worship with our Zimbabwean friends. We also leave seed for them to plant, Bibles and mosquito nets as we are coming up to peak Malaria season.

I arrive back from Harare with my new visa about 12 hours ago at 4:30 am. Today I was informed as I came to collect money to make the purchases that we need for the teams to work, that they budget was off and that there isn't enough money to do the outreaches as we had planned. I am not sure how it happened, but I am sure it has happened.

OUr origonal budget for our outreaches in Zimbabwe was $1,500. At this point I am not sure if there is any money or if we are a little short, so I am asking you to help. I have gone around and set up all of these parties in the rural areas with the village heads, and my name is on the line. It might not seem like much, but honestly at this point it is all I have here. These men trust me, they help me when I need it, and the bleieve that my heart is in the right spot. Now I look like a big jerk to say the least, as if I have made fake promises of an outreach, with a big meal, lots of love and especially the much needed profits from us buying thier livestock to feed them.

We were meant to buy a lot... if you would like to know the breakdown, here are some of the costs:
Cow: $90-100
Goat $15-25
Chickens: $5-6

We also need money for mealie meal, rice, cooking oil, salt, juice cabbages and salad cream. We will also need money to pay for our transport out to these areas.

Please help. If you want to make a donation, please send me an email letting me know that you are donating so we know right away as most of our office is on thier way to Zim right now. You can donate online at www.rockofafrica.org just write in the memo "Zim food outreach". You can write the same thing on the memo of your check and mail to ROCK of AFRICA:: PO BOX 5000:: Costa Mesa, CA 92628. Anything over and above what we need will go towards Refuge's normal operating budget and is greatly appreciated. All donations are tax deductable.

I know that God will provide, and I also know that just as with my first outreach, the opposition is fierce because something great is going to happen. One of my best friends, along with some other very special women in my life are on thier way here and I am so excited to see how God uses them, and me at this time. I will be traveling back to the States on the 25th with them, and I will not return until immigration gives me a work permit. This is big. Please keep us and this outreach in your prayers!

Regina

No comments: