Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Day 2

So I have been home for over 24 hours... I am in day 2. I have been loved on by my friends and had time to chat with my grand on the phone, I can't wait to get off the plane in Michigan to see her.

I am alright. This is the first time I have made it through the entire flight, and the entire first day without crying.

I miss Zimbabwe. I miss that place terribly, but I am ok. I am excited to be back for a bit, and I am returning to Zim as soon as I can.

Today was fun, I laughed with my girls and had a perfect first day in Cali:
~Slept in until 10 am (Gigi is back!!!)
~Took Rocky for a walk...(a very short one, he is lazy now)
~Made scrambled eggs for breakfast (Yup, I can cook now)
~Took a shower (A really nice, really hot, really long one--I smell so nice)
~Blow dried my hair, (oh my gosh you have no idea how pretty I feel)
~Went for sushi with Yara (I dream of sushi while I am in Zim... I am so happy!! But my stomach is too full... I will spare you the details of my stomach problems... yup --already!!)
~Went for waxing (Oh my there is a girl under all that hair!!)
~Went for pedicure (I am sorry, I have been in Africa for most of this year, please forgive the condition of my feet!! )
~Got my hair did (This was sooooo neccessary, Amen for cut,color and deep conditioning)
~Stopped by to visit with the pastors... (I don't know if it's sad or funny, but they didn't recognize me, all night they kept saying, 'you look better in America')
~Stayed up late laughing with my girls and eating chocolate chip cookies and milk (sorry marcus, I am gonna eat!!!!)

I can't wait to see you all, I have laughed so much since i got off the airplane and I know that this is going to be a great trip!!
gigi

No comments: