Saturday, November 17, 2007

I have to leave...

I don't know when it will hit me... but I am leaving Zim. I can't imagine what it will feel like when on the 25th my feet leave African soil. My heart aches at the thought of waking up in the O.C. instead of the high density of Victoria Falls. I know that I have to leave to get my work permit and become more permanent, but my heart is already permanent.

Tonight I was at a special Friday night service at church, which is such a gift...extra Celebration Church before I leave, but it was extra special because Pastor Tom, a man that I respect so much from Harare, was preaching in Vic Falls. So much stood out, as I try not to be consumed by thoughts of my work permit and my immigration status in a land that feels like home.

Pastor Tom said 2 things that I will hold in my heart until I get my papers and I return to my little home in Mkhosana!
~ My circumstances don't determine my future or my life, the kingdom does.
~ When love is high miracles happen.

I am banking on these two points, I believe that the circumstances, no matter how bleak they are do not determine my future in Zim. I know that God will ensure the circumstances are perfect for me to be where He will have me. I have tried to be faithful and obedient and I know that God has called me to Zimbabwe. I do not think that my time here is over. I also believe that God's grace can suspend the rules of the world. I am counting on this suspension when it comes to my immigration status because of the second point. Miracles happen when love is high, I don't know why, but Zimbabwe has stolen my heart. It took a group o f 12 boys, that has grown into a group of almost 60 boys to melt my heart, but it is not just them. This entire land has captured my heart. I have never loved so much, nor have I ever been able to accept love so readily either. This place has changed me, God has changed me and I have been prepared.

Some days I am tired of fighting, but no matter how great the difficulties I can just crawl into my father's arms and I am reminded of why I fight, and what I am fighting for. Please keep praying for me, I am unprepared to leave this place. I don't think I can get ready. I will even miss the unreliable phone lines, the slow internet, the power cuts and the times that i wake up in the morning and can't take a shower because I have no water. If that is the worst I have to deal with I will take it...in a heartbeat.

Pray for favor with the government and for peace while I wait!! Also, please pray that i just have a ton of fun while I am home!!

Gigi

No comments: