Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's time to go back to Zimbabwe!

I have had a great visit to the States! I have spent time with my family, my churches and my friends and have been filled up, loved on and given many opportunities to share what God is doing in my life and in Zimbabwe! What a blessing!

I can still remember the first time I traveled to Zimbabwe in 2005. I had no idea what to expect and my heart became so burdened for the children I met!  The desire to make a difference has grown with each year that I spend in this beautiful place. 

This past year in Zimbabwe, we have seen many exciting changes.  Not only change in the nation, but also in the work we are doing!  I have traveled throughout the country establishing relationships in many villages and towns by helping families stay together and work through difficult situations.  Our work has also greatly expanded.  I have begun counseling children in several orphanages throughout the nation and helping to train staff members in these orphanages as well.  Praise God, we are seeing improvement in the lives of so many hurting children by providing love in these homes and by teaching staff members to parent in a God honoring way.
0123.JPG

I am returning to Zimbabwe with ROCK of Africa Mission in about 2 weeks.  I will no longer be based in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe; I will be living in Harare, the capital.  My focus when I return will be to learn the Shona language.  I have been living in a region that speaks Ndebele and have been learning that language for years; however, most of the children and families I am counseling now are Shona speaking.  It is clearly time to take a step back and learn this language as well.  As I learn Shona, my work will focus on counseling children in several orphanages that have invited me to help, as well as to continue to minister to the children living and working on the streets of Zimbabwe.


As always, when it is time for me to head back to Zimbabwe, I must raise the funds for my travel, my living expenses and the funding of the work I do.  I am continuing to serve as a volunteer, as I have been for the past four years.  We kicked off the fundraising this past weekend with a very successful garage sale! Over $1,000 was raised with the items donated by friends in Southern California!  Thanks to all who helped, donated, prayed or shopped! 

If you would like to partner financially in the work that we are doing in Zimbabwe, you can join my support team by sending a check to ROCK of Africa Mission, 19781 Briarly Lane Huntington Beach, CA 92646, with "Regina's personal support" in the memo line. You can also donate online at www.ROCKofAfrica.org by clicking on the 'Give Now' box and typing "Regina's personal support" in the description.  All of your donations go directly towards funding my time and work in Zimbabwe and are tax deductible.

You can keep up to date with my work and life at www.gigiinzim.blogspot.com or by becoming my friend on facebook (www.facebook.com/gigiinzim)
 IMGP0757.JPG
With love and gratitude,



Regina Jones



1 comment:

Shebecomes said...

Wow, that is amazing that you got that much from the yardsale! Praise God! I will be praying, praying, praying for you as you return and make the transition to Harare and learning Shona! Oh, and by the way, you rock :)