Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A call to service



On Sunday an announcement was made to the church that the blood banks in Zimbabwe are empty and that the consequences are being seen in the form of unnecessary deaths.

Pastors Tom and Bonnie and Dr. Wazara called out to the members of Celebration Church to donate blood. This afternoon Asher, Taps and I went to the blood bank to donate and it was amazing to see the smiles on the ladies faces as they commented on how many people from the church had come that morning.

They said that on a good day they might have 10 people come to give blood, but that already by 1:00 on Monday they had seen 24 people from Celebration Church!

I am so glad to be a part of a church that sees a need and calls to its members to fill it! I am even more grateful that so many have and will continue to respond!



3 comments:

cc26 said...

LOL!!!!
I love that there is a picture of you there so now I have a visual for my new favorite Regina moment!

"Age?" "28"
"Marital status" "SINGLE"
"Do you have a boyfriend?" "No"
"How do you manage?" "Is THAT on the questionairre?"
"Are you sexually active?" "No"
"Have you EVER been" "YEs"
"How do you manage?" "is that really on there again??"
"No I just can't figure it out, how are you old with no husband or boyfriend, you must really have trouble managing!"
"Oh my Gosh, did my grandma call you and ask you to ask me that?!?!"

Lori said...

Are those my jeans?

Regina said...

Hahaha... well at least I can laugh about these moments!! It will be a lot more funny when I have a husband, or maybe even a boyfriend, oh crap, it would be more funny if I had someone I WANTED to be my boyfriend!!