Friday, August 2, 2013

Mixed Emotions: Urgent Prayer Request

Hi special friends,

 I am so excited to embark on this two year journey as I study Missional Leadership with a cohort of other students who are ministering around the country. I know that my eyes will be opened to so many ways to better serve the children in our Zimbabwean community. It will be great to be able to study with a group online so that I can continue to work in Zimbabwe as I learn!

However, the excitement is wrapped in grief as I get on a plane to say god-bye to my Uncle Dave. I have such fond childhood memories of this fun loving uncle of mine. There is no way to say good-bye to him without thinking of the loss of my mother, his older sister. He passed away on Monday night and he leaves behind a wife and two young sons. I would be so grateful if you could keep my family in your prayers.

This life that we live is sometimes messy and one emotion is often entwined with another. That’s how I am feeling today, a little bit messy.

I have found a great deal on a flight that will allow me to make it home for my Uncle Dave’s funeral, and then I will just stay on for school that starts on August 16. Although this is a great deal, it is one that I hadn’t budgeted for, as I was planning on flying stand-by with a buddy pass as usual. This will allow me to fly with a ticket, ensuring that I will be home in time for the funeral.

I have made a reservation, and I have 24 hours to pay for the ticket. If you would pray that the finances would be available to pay for the ticket I would appreciate it. If you would like to make a tax deductible contribution towards my travel for school and the funeral, I would appreciate that as well. You can do that at www.RockofAfrica.org/regina/ My travel will cost $1500 and any amount you can give will make a major difference!

Thank you for your prayers and support,

With love from Zimbabwe,

Regina

No comments: