Friday, May 24, 2013

I'm back....

I arrived safely back in Zimbabwe today.  These journeys are always long-- there is no EASY was to get to the other side of the world, that is for sure!

I have had such an amazing 5 weeks in the States, I will write about my experiences for sure... but I will try to say a few quick things here:

1. I spent a large chunk of my time learning about best practices in orphan care, and I am blown away by the amazing people I have met. Christians who are both brilliant AND in love with Jesus--such a fabulous combination!
2. I am thrilled about what is happening in Zimbabwe right now, and I feel like the opportunity to make a difference is far greater than I had ever imagined!
3. I missed this place.  I am still not sure which place is "home," hopefully I will never have to choose!

We are heading into a time of uncertainty in Zimbabwe.  Elections are coming, although the date is not set yet.  I am here for the next few months on a holiday visa...for that reason (as often is the case) you will not see any posts here about my work. 

I will be posting more regularly, this is a goal I have set for myself, but the posts will be more about my personal life here and my thoughts and rambles!

With Love from Zimbabwe,
Gigi

No comments: