Thursday, November 18, 2010

More Praising Than Prayer...

Thursday November 18, 2010 is the day that I have been waiting for... the day my file for application of a work permit in Zimbabwe will make it's way into the meeting room of the Labour Board with a seal of approval from Zimbabwe Immigration.

There is no guarantee that my file will even be looked at, and if it is, there is no guarantee that my request will be approved. I am praying that my file (which is one of hundreds) somehow find it's way into the hands of the board and that they look upon it with favor.

So for now, I am praying. And praising.

I had a great reminder from a very dear and wise friend this week. I had sent out an email asking people to pray about this and her response was,
"It'll be approved! We know how God works ;0) I'll do more praising than prayer!"

What a great reminder that we all have so much to praise Him for, and that even in the midst of asking for our hearts desire we can thank God for providing just that!

Thanksgiving is such a great time of the year to praise anyway! So just in case you needed a little reminder too...

Therefore I will praise you, LORD, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name. Psalm 18:49

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. Psalm 28: 6-8

You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely. Psalm 59:17

I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving. Psalm 69:30

I have so much to praise God for today...5 years ago today I stepped foot on Zimbabwean soil for the first time, and a journey began that would change me for ever! Praise the Lord that He knows what we need so much more than we do!

I am including some pictures, random snapshots of some of the special, early moments of my time in Zimbabwe  for a more complete assortment of pictures, you can visit my facebook page!























1 comment:

Giggles said...

Dear Regina,
I am so very happy for you and so thankful that you are an inspiration too me, I cannot believe it has been 5 years, Wow! that is so awesome.

Thank you for sharing all the wonderful snapshots of your first year or so in Zim, I am so very proud of you, and so inspired.

I love that phrase, it is so true thanks for the reminder "More Praising than Prayer" knowing that God has and will come through for us all who believe in Him, God is so awesome and has worked so mightily in your life.

I look forward to seeing you soon.
and congratulations too you on getting your application accepted, I know God will continue to shine in your life so that you can continue to touch many more lives!

Big Hugs,
your sis in christ jesus
Wendy