Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gigi and Joni's Labor Day Adventure!

Gigi and Joni’s Labor Day adventure!

This Labor Day weekend will be one that I will not soon forget! I went to church on Sunday and received a Word that was in season and desperately needed by my thirsty heart. Pastor Farai preached a message entitled “What do you see?” Oh how I needed to be reminded of who my God really is.

He really does provide exactly what we need when we need it, but when I am in the middle of the need, it is so easy for me to forget that! I needed a girlfriend, and God sent me a sister! After church I went to linger around the front and greet Pastor Farai and Pastor Jo and hold their new beautiful twins, who I of course am now volunteered to baby sit J An American was visiting and was being introduced to the pastors. Joni, a 39 year old single woman from San Francisco and I connected immediately. We spent the whole day together! I just happened to have my bathing suit on under my dress (just like going to church in Orange County) and we spent the day at her hotel laying out by the pool working on our tans and fellowshipping and sharing stories. We then went to dinner and kept taking and talked all night until we passed out in her hotel room after midnight!

God answered my prayer and sent me a friend, but as usual He went above and beyond! He sent me a sister, and gave me a Labor Day holiday at the Victoria Falls Hotel!!!!!! God, and Sista Joni blessed me beyond measure…she even left me with a smashbox mascara—(can we say LUXURY item) and Hillsong’s Faith+Hope+Love DVD!

When her bus pulled away, my heart was sad… I would have loved to spend more time with her. I felt so refreshed and so reminded of God’s amazing love. But I knew she had to go, she is off on her own adventure in California and I of course, have to get back to mine here in Zimbabwe!

Obviously, my favorite part of the hotel was taking a very hot bubble bath!! Thank you Sista Joni!!!

(I'll post pics of us hanging out as soon as I get them!!)





No comments: