Saturday, December 13, 2008

HONG KONG

I am in Hong Kong and I am on Holiday.

I keep telling myself that. I am on my way to visit LORI FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!

I haven't relaxed yet. I am busy filling my time with the tourist attractions. I have ridden buses, subways, trams, ferries and I have walked endless markets and seen so many things already.

Tomorrow I am taking a break.

I am leaving behind all of the fellow travelers that I have met in the hostels and I am taking myself to church.

I am going to spend the day with God.

I don't care that I am in Hong Kong, it is time for me to have a conversation with my Father, it is time to start to let go of the difficulties of this past year. After church I am going to learn about the transformation of the walled city in Kowloon, Hong Kong and how one woman who refused to give up on some unlovable people has changed a city and a nation.

Then I am going to head out of the concrete jungle of Hong Kong and into the quiet empty space of one of the other islands to be by myself and let it all sink in.

I keep reminding myself that I am in Hong Kong, on the way to Australia and that I am so loved. God has given me an amazing gift this Christmas. I don't deserve it, but I am traveling around the world to see my best friend to spend 3 weeks of uninterrupted girl time with a girl who loves me so much.

I am so blessed!

1 comment:

Angel Kev said...

Im always amazed what'God does in someones Heart'? Everyone who comes to Zimbabwe is touched in a heart-way by God,...especially missionary workers, I wonder why ? Does 'He' fill a vacuum in Your life, that cannot be found anywhere else ...? U are so 'precious to Us' ..'Queen of hearts' & all who come in the name of the Lord ! Amen.